For more information, please visit my website at http://cherishphotographybykristen.com

Monday, May 31, 2010

:: Hailey Jean :: Provo, Utah, Utah County Newborn & NICU Photographer


In case you've been wondering where I disappeared to...

My beautiful daughter, Hailey Jean, decided to grace us with her presence... six weeks early! She weighed in at 5 pounds 6 ounces and 18 inches long. Getting her here was quite the ordeal, but well worth it! Hailey spent two weeks (a short amount of time since they estimated she would be in there until my due date, which was June 8th) in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit and they were some of the longest two weeks of my life. We were more than happy when she was finally able to come home. So, here are some pictures I took of her while she was in the NICU.

And since everybody asks: No, neither of my other kids ever had that much hair when they were born and it was never that dark either. I've always wanted a dark-haired baby.

This is how Hailey looked the first time I ever got to see her. She wasn't able to breathe on her own after she was born, so she spent about five hours on a ventilator. We were thrilled that it was only five hours and not longer. Seeing her hooked up on those machines hurt my heart.

We didn't get to hold her very much at all in the beginning, once a day if we were lucky, so we had to hold her tiny little hands instead.


Hailey had to have an IV line go in through her umbilical cord.


This was my first time holding my little baby.

This is how Hailey received most of her feedings during her hospital stay.

She spent a few days on oxygen.

This is the face she made to let us know she wanted to go home... do you blame her?

A few days before she went home. They didn't take out her feeding tube until we were ready to go home. Nothing was more wonderful than seeing my beautiful baby be completely cord and tube free.

No comments:

Post a Comment